Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Hump Day #10...My New Toy...

Today I get to introduce you to my new toy...

First, let me say that I am in no way being compensated for this post by anyone!  I didn't receive any merchandise or anything, but if Silhouette wanted to send me some cool SWAG, I would be fine with that!  ;-)

After months of saving my "blow money" (see Financial Peace University if that term is unknown) and money from doing surveys, I had the money to buy this little beauty!
This is what it looks like straight out of the box...
I was thinking of how it could cut vinyl and had a little something in mind--particularly an 88 for the back window of my truck along with possibly a 15 and a 5?  Hmmm...

After I received the package which included the Cameo, some sketch pens and the Rhinestone starter kit that I found here.
 
In anticipation of the Silhouette Cameo Arriving, I ordered some vinyl that had really good reviews found here:

I then began to watch several tutorials that I found online and I could not believe all that this puppy could do!  Wow!  Stencils, cutting fabric, vinyl, cardstock and those cool tags?  Just cut them on the Silhouette!

I also found out that I can cut out contact paper.  So, I headed out to find some in the local area and at Home Depot found some that looks like black leather.  Fun!

The first thing to be decorated was my actual Silhouette!  Here it is!
Just having a bit of fun!  :-)

Then, I printed out the phrase that Gman and I chose for the camper door.  I had found a few, but this is the one that we chose together...
Notice that there is a charge card right under Having.  I am using that as a burnisher.  It is by far the best way to use a credit card!  :-)

 So, here is the victim door to our camper before...
And after...

How fun is that????  Wait until you see what else I have been doing with it!  So fun!

Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! You sound like a kid in a candy store! That is a really cool "toy"! I never heard of it before! Love the sign on your door! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would have fun with that toy.

    ReplyDelete