Sunday, March 4, 2012

Menu Plan for Week of 3/4...

Hey all!  Here we are with the critique of last week's menu...

Monday:  Garlic Seasoned Hamburgers with Mashed Potatoes--Well, yummmmm...A favorite of our home!
I just take my hamburger patty and sprinkle it with garlic salt or garlic powder and cook in the oven at 350 until they are done.  And I cheat on the mashed potatoes (shhhhhhhh...) I buy the Bob Evans and nuke them.  I like a lazy Monday!  Call me crazy!  :)

Tuesday:  I got confused and made the Spaghetti with meat sauce.  oops!
Emeals suggests cooking the spaghetti and using a jar of spaghetti sauce on it.
However, due to the low sodium thing, I make my spaghetti sauce:
4-8 oz cans of Tomato sauce (no salt added)
5-6 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 lb of lean hamburger cooked and drained
about 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning or Fine Herbs
some onion chopped
some bell pepper chopped
Freshly ground pepper to taste
(I don't add mushrooms for Gman, cause he doesn't like fungus!)
Throw it in the sauce pan and let it simmer for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.  Put over cooked spaghetti noodles and top with some grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese--or some Mozzarella  whatever you like--or all of them!  ;-)
Serve with nice green salad.

Did not get to the Teriyaki Chicken with oven bake potatoes because we ate out TWO nights!  yay!  So this leads us to....

This Week's Menu

Monday:
Teriyaki Chicken with Bacon Ranch Baked Packet Potatoes


Tuesday:
Italian Skillet
Crescent Rolls & Italian Salad


Wednesday:
Chicken Breasts Dijon
Buttered Noodles & Tomato Salad


Thursday:
Mexican Black Bean Chili
Tortillas


Friday:
Eating Fish out!  Yes Siree Bob!
So, everyone have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. The Italian skillet sounds good to me! What time is dinner? heehee! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, why did I look at your post today. I wanted to start my diet today. Now that's in the tank for sure! Everything looks so....yummy!

    ReplyDelete