Sunday, August 14, 2011

Everything Is Humming And Chirping...

I love to see the hummingbirds arrive in the spring.  I miss them when they go to the nest in May and welcome them back in June or July with their juveniles.

This year, I have quite a bunch and they keep me amused for hours in the morning and evening. 

Come and enjoy with me...


If you look closely at this picture, you can see one keeping guard in the tree...
See it by the arrow? 

See the one on the fence on the right?
And keep me busy making sugar water for their sustanence!

5 comments:

  1. Love my hummers too. I'll have to look for that triple deck feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! One of these days I'm going to hang some hummingbird feeders. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. What small area of KS are you from? My hubby was born and raised in Abilene, up north, but we now live in south central KS, one mile from the OK border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dr momi--I found the feeder at Lowe's. You can add more feeders or less. They come in packs of 3.

    OzGril--You are not far from our home base. We lived in Augusta near Wichita. We visited Abilene a few years ago and really enjoyed the Lebold house, Kirby house, Eisenhower museum and area, Brookville hotel and especially the Russel Stover outlet. ;) Oh, and the train ride. We plan to go back and take the dinner train and enjoy more of Abilene. Such friendly people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OzGirl--BTW, my hubby is in Ohio! LOL Just thought it was an interesting irony!

    ReplyDelete