Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!!

31 years ago today, I walked down the aisle on my dad's arm and claimed, uh, I mean let my fiance' claim me in St. Peters, MO.

My brother, Terry, married us.  We requested that he make it fast--as I was given to throwing up when I was excited!  Yikes!  LOL

My brother Tom (here walking my mom down the aisle) and his wife, Nina, got there about 2:00 in the morning the day of the wedding.  Check out the fancy pants!  We were sure a VW somewhere was missing it's seat covers! 

We spent the first night at Noah's Ark in St. Charles.  We had the honeymoon suite which a friend gave to us for our wedding present. 

For those of you who don't remember it, it looked like an ark with animals and everything! 

I really remember the giraffes on top of the boat.  It has since been razed and replaced with a modern hotel.

Then, we headed to Branson and Silver Dollar City.  The only things there were the Baldnobbers and a couple of other shows and Silver Dollar City.  We are planning to go back there this year for the first time in 31 years!  I bet it has changed a lot--just like us!

While Gman was home this weekend, we celebrated by going out to Donatelli's in Wright City, MO.  It is in an unimposing strip mall next to the Shell station and McDonald's and really doesn't look all that terrific from the outside, but our friends, Kathy and Drew, told us about it and said it was good so we thought, what the heck, let's try it.  Inside, you are transported to another world and the food is really quite good.  It is what I would call Italian country cooking and we enjoyed it a lot!  I kind of miss the Italian food that we enjoyed on the east coast while we were up in the Hudson Valley.

So, Happy Anniversary Gman!  I love you!  :)

4 comments:

  1. No freaking way! Today is MY 31st anniversary, too! We got married at Sacred Heart church in Florissant. Do you remember how hot it was that year?

    I love the pictures. You look like such a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love looking at old pictures. Er, not that you're OLD. Uh, maybe I should just shut up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures.

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy G--It's freaking hot in August Every year!!!! I have to wonder what I was thinking! Hey Happy Anniversary to you too!

    Pat--Thanks! They ARE old! LOL

    Whispering Writer--Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete